Help Desk Workflows (NWC43)
- 1 Start of your shift
- 2 Request Workflows
- 3 Income requests
- 4 How to escalate a ticket
- 4.1 Requests within Discord
- 4.2 Requests from other sources
Start of your shift
- in Chrome open the following tabs: wiki.norwescon.org and firstname.lastname@example.org inbox
- Log into Discord and ensure that your notifications for the staff server are set to '@mentions' and audible alerts are turned on
- Verify that the channels #helpdesk, #webpage-help, #staff-help are unmuted
- Join/activate the helpdesk voice channel
- Log into Airmeet and go to the Arena and join the Help Desk Table
- In the #helpdesk Discord channel put "@everyone [your name] @[your team] on-duty, anything I should know" or the like. Please keep it professional and to the point.
NOTE: see the list below for your @[your team]
- Prioritize the incoming request (see below)
- Whenever possible, first try to send the person a link to the related webpage/wiki/knowledge base/FAQ that has their answer. IF they say that they are looking at the page/FAQ and are still lost, please offer to walk them through it.
- Check our Norwescon 43 Help Wiki Page and FAQ for instructions, if applicable/relevant
- Check Airmeet's Knowledge Base, if applicable/relevant
- Try looking up their issue on Google
- IF after a reasonable attempt you are not able to address their issue please escalate their request (see section below regarding escalating).
After completing next request please use the filters below to choose the next request/person to help. Priority order for incoming requests:
- #staff-help Discord channel
- #webpage-help Discord Channel
NOTE: please finish the one you are working on before moving on the next. Please also do not stress over the number that may or may not be in the cue. The overall goal is customer service first, helping get sessions started and then everything else.
- Questions form Hosts that are holding up a session/panel/event
- Questions from Hosts that are holding up a backstage/pre-session
- Questions from Leadership (Executive, Stage Management Lead/2nd, our Productions Team Lead/2nd, other Help Desk Staff)
- Questions about registration and/or accessing air meet.
- Questions about other items
NOTE: When choosing within the same listed item above (in either the source and/or type) that are the same level/tier, please use time received to break ties
Open each incoming Email mail in the inbox email and process as follows
- Determine nature of request IF you are going to handle it directly, tag with 'Help Desk - Tier 1 and respond with templet bellow
- IF you are not going to handle refer them to another help desk team (see referring to another team) or an external team
Thank you for contacting the Help Desk! I have referred your question to our [team name] who are better equipped to help you with your question.
-[Your First name]
Help Desk Team
Norwescon 43 | norwescon.org/help | email@example.com Sending Link/Reference
How to escalate a ticket
Requests within Discord
Simply click 'reply' to the persons request/issue and thank the them and say 'that you are escalating their request to our tier 2 help desk team @[team]" (see lists of teams below)
Requests from other sources
Depending on the team you are sending please see the list below.
Tier 2 Teams
Tier 1 Help Desk representatives please forward any issue that you cannot resolve to the team that looks to be the most relevant to the reporting party's request/issue.
Tier 2 - Registration (@reg)
- Forward any questions/issues to this team that involve registration and/or anyone who is having issues logging into Airmeet
- IF request came in via email forward the email to firstname.lastname@example.org AND in Discord channel #helpdesk-private put something to the nature of @reg just forwarded an email to you at email@example.com
- IF the request came in via
Tier 2 - Airmeet (@airmeet)
Any questions that comes about airmeet after they have successfully made it into the airmeet platform
Tier 2 - Conduct/Security (@security)
Forward any report of misconduct, violation of any of our policies including our code of conduct to this team.
Tier 2 - Discord (@admin)
If there is any staff member that is having issues with the Discord Server to this team
Tier 3 Teams
For the Tier 2 Teams representatives please forward any issue that you cannot resolve to the team that looks to be the most relevant to the reporting party's request/issue.
Tier 3 - Convention Master (@CM)
This is a dedicated support team for both our Registration Team and Conduct/Security Team who need help with Convention Master, please do not forward any issues to this team unless you are part of either our Tier 2 Registration and/or our Tier 2 Conduct/Security Team
Tier 3 - Airmeet (@airmeet-tier3)
These are the 'Master Admins' for our Airmeet platform, please forward any issues that the Tier 2 Airmeet team cannot resolve AND/OR any request to change/update information in the air meet platform that is authorized by the Executive (or designee) of the responsible Department