Difference between revisions of "Organizational Documentation"
|Line 8:||Line 8:|
=== Minutes ===
=== Minutes ===
=== Sign-In Sheets ===
=== Sign-In Sheets ===
Revision as of 12:26, 4 November 2019
The Secretary should send a request for agenda items to the Exec Team two weeks before the meeting. Meeting agendas should be made available to the ConCom within the week of and at least three days before the ConCom meeting.
Once finalized, the agenda is sent to the webmaster to be posted to the ConCom Staff Updates page of the website. Once the webmaster has confirmed that the agenda has posted, the Secretary posts an announcement to the norwescon-concom Google Group mailing list either as a standalone post or as a response to the previously posted meeting announcement.
The Secretary is responsible for recording minutes of discussions at the monthly ConCom meetings and any Exec-only meetings that may be called during the planning months or at the convention itself.
One or more assistants may also take notes at meetings for which they are present to ensure nothing is missed. Assistants' notes should be provided to the Secretary as soon as possible following the meeting for review and inclusion into the draft minutes.
Following each meeting, the first draft of the minutes should be sent to the Exec team for review and corrections. One week after draft distribution, the final version of the agenda is sent to the Exec team for an approval vote (see the Policies and Procedures manual for details on the approval process).
Once approved, the minutes are sent to the webmaster to be added to the ConCom Staff Updates page of the website. Once the webmaster has confirmed that the minutes have been posted, the Secretary should announce availability in the norwescon-concom Google Group mailing list, either as a standalone post or as a response to the appropriate meeting announcement message.
Minutes may be taken in whatever manner works best for the Secretary or their assistant. In the past, Microsoft Word and Microsoft Excel templates have been used. As of Norwescon 43, the current Secretary is using the iOS app for Meetings.
Each meeting has a physical sign-in sheet to track attending volunteers. The sign-in sheet collects the volunteer's name, whether or not they are new to the ConCom, and (optionally, for new volunteers or updated addresses) email address.
Following the meeting, the sign-in sheet is scanned and archived in the Secretary's files. Archiving is for potential future reference if there is a need to track volunteer hours through ConCom meeting attendance (some grants may require this information).
norwescon-concom Google Group Updates
New volunteers are added to the norwescon-concom Google Group mailing list.
- Click on "Manage Members".
- Click on "Direct Add Members".
- Enter a comma separated list of all email addresses to add.
- Enter the welcome message.
- Set subscription options to "All Email".
- Click "Add".
The Secretary may also keep a record of when addresses are added to the mailing list. This is currently being done with a text file with one line for each group of additions noted by date, plus the current version of the welcome message. Each line of the text file looks something like this:
- 11/4: (address)@gmail.com, (address)@hotmail.com, (address)@yahoo.com
As of November 2019, the current welcome message being sent is:
- Welcome to the Norwescon ConCom mailing list! This is a limited membership mailing list for communication among concom members; you have been added because you have signed in at a ConCom meeting or registered as staff for Norwescon 43 (hooray!). You can view this mailing list and update your subscription preferences on the web at https://groups.google.com/group/norwescon-concom (there are also links in the footer of any message you receive from this list).
- A full list of NWC43 planning meetings and supporting documents, including meeting agendas and minutes, can be found on the Staff Information page of our website: http://www.norwescon.org/get-involved/concom/.
- Thanks for being a part of the Norwescon ConCom!
- — Michael Hanscom, NWC43 Secretary