Each meeting has a physical sign-in sheet to track attending volunteers. The sign-in sheet collects the volunteer's name, whether or not they are new to the ConCom, and (optionally, for new volunteers or updated addresses) email address.
Following the meeting, the sign-in sheet is scanned and archived in the Secretary's files. Archiving is for potential future reference if there is a need to track volunteer hours through ConCom meeting attendance (some grants may require this information).
norwescon-concom Google Group Updates
New volunteers are added to the norwescon-concom Google Group mailing list.
- Click on "Manage Members".
- Click on "Direct Add Members".
- Enter a comma separated list of all email addresses to add.
- Enter the welcome message.
- Set subscription options to "All Email".
- Click "Add".
The Secretary may also keep a record of when addresses are added to the mailing list. This is currently being done with a text file with one line for each group of additions noted by date, plus the current version of the welcome message. Each line of the text file looks something like this:
- 11/4: (address)@gmail.com, (address)@hotmail.com, (address)@yahoo.com
As of November 2019, the current welcome message being sent is:
- Welcome to the Norwescon ConCom mailing list! This is a limited membership mailing list for communication among concom members; you have been added because you have signed in at a ConCom meeting or registered as staff for Norwescon 43 (hooray!). You can view this mailing list and update your subscription preferences on the web at https://groups.google.com/group/norwescon-concom (there are also links in the footer of any message you receive from this list).
- A full list of NWC43 planning meetings and supporting documents, including meeting agendas and minutes, can be found on the Staff Information page of our website: http://www.norwescon.org/get-involved/concom/.
- Thanks for being a part of the Norwescon ConCom!
- — Michael Hanscom, NWC43 Secretary